ElectroMagnetic Pulse Protection Modules
We manufacture a wide range of products to protect against the effects of high altitude detonation of Nuclear devices.The result of such an event is the generation of Electromagnetic Pulses which will induce a high voltage transient in exposed conductors.
The EMP can affect several thousands of square kilometres, with a magnitude of tens of kilovolts. This could result in serious damage to insulation, cause breakdown of semiconductors and the consequent malfunction of critical equipment. Most notable would be the failure of Energy Power Supply and Communications Systems.
- EMP - Electromagnectic Pulse
- HEMP / HAEMP - High Altitude Electromagnectic Pulse
- HABEMP - High-Altitude Burst Electromagnectic Pulse
- NEMP - Nuclear Electromagnectic Pulse
- NNEMP - Non-Nuclear Electromagnectic Pulse
- LEMP - Lightning Electromagnectic Pulse
- SEMP - Switching Electromagnectic Pulse
We offer products to satisfy protection for most applications:-
- From low voltage telecommunications and signal lines to high current and voltage installations.
- From 10v, 5A continuous with a maximum surge current capability of 4.5kA - (8/20µs), up to and including 500v, 600A continuous, with a 50kA maximum surge.